Which is the most popular dog breeds in India it depends on person to person. Choosing the best dog breeds in India is depends on a person’s choice and preference while choosing the most popular dog breeds in India.
there are 1000+ dog breeds in India. Choosing the best dog breed in India is depends on many factors like they want a guard dog in India or a family-friendly dog in India. So me people like big fur dogs or some don’t like fur at all.
Choosing the best dog breed in India is quite hard. if you are a single person who spends most o the time outside then they need a low maintenance dog or you are an old person and not able to exercise your dog every day so you need a family-friendly dog who needs less physical exercise.
Here are 15 Most Popular Dog Breeds In India – [With Prices]
Most Popular Dog Breeds In India
Labrador is one of the most popular dog breeds in India. Like most of the people spell their name as Labradog instead of Labrador. There is not a single person who loves dogs who don’t know about the Labrador dog breed.
Because Labrador is easily available in India and a low maintenance dog. Labrador dog is not very expensive at all. Labrador dog is one of the most budget-friendly dog breed in India and Labrador is the best dog for a home in India because the dog is very friendly.
|Labrador dog breed||Characteristics|
|Life Expectancy||10-14 years|
|Price in India||10000 – 15000 INR|
3 Facts about Labrador Dog
- Labrador loves water. They love to swim and their body is evolved as a cold water swimmer.
- Labradors are hunting dogs. Not the special one like Akita dog but a good partner for a hunter in finding the prey.
- Labradors are the most versatile dog breeds. among the most popular choices for service dog work, as well as search and rescue, bomb and drug detection, and therapy dog work.
Pug is the second most popular dog breed in India. Pug is very calm and humble. Because of his size pugs don’t need too much space so a family who has a small house or too many members in their family and issue of space can easily adjust pug there.
Pugs are small and also a very popular dog breed. Because pugs are not aggressive at all. And the most beneficial thing for having a pug is you can cuddle them easily. So if you are thinking of having a pug then go for it. You will not regret your choice at all. Find the best pug dog names here.
|Pug dog breed||Characteristics|
|Life Expectancy||12-15 Years|
|Attention needs||Very Much|
|price in India||8000-15000 INR|
3 Facts about Pug Dog breed
- Pugs are Ancient breed. Most believe that the breed originated in China and existed before 400 BCE and was called “lo-sze”.
- Pugs were treated like Royals. Emperors of China kept pugs as lapdogs and treated them to all the luxuries of royal life. And sometimes gives them separate palaces and guards.
- The perfect Pug tail has two curls. Pugs are known for their curly tails that curve up towards their bodies. According to the AKC, “the double curl is perfection.”
German Shepherd is the third most popular dog breed in India.
Because German Shepherd is the most intelligent dog breed in all dog breeds that’s the only reason why K 9 and Military choose german shepherd.
The German shepherd is very Intelligent and one of the most loyal dog breeds. A German Shepherd will risk his life to protect you. find your best dog breed in India.
And the German Shepherd will become very aggressive when they sense danger or any problem so make sure to train your German Shepherd dog some basic commands.
|German Shepherd dog breed||Characteristics|
|Life Expectancy||9-13 Years|
|Price in India||9000-15000 INR|
3 Facts about German Shepherd
- German shepherd is the best breed of K9. They are very energetic and active.
- Their most important thing is you. German Shepherd can risk his life to save you.
- They will help you to reach your goals because this is the perfect breed in terms of everything.
Rottweiler is the fourth most popular dog breed in India. Rottweiler dog breed is also one of the strongest dog breeds and the best dog in India as guard dogs.
Rottweiler is very calm for their owners and very protective and loyal dog. But if front of strangers or when they sense some danger then they become very aggressive.
and if someone wants to hurt the dog owner they this will be the last day of a person who wants to hurt their owner that’s why they are the best dogs for homes in India.
|Rottweiler dog breed||Characteristics|
|Life Expectancy||8-11 Years|
|Price in India||8000-15000 INR|
3 Facts about Rottweiler
- Rottweilers almost became extinct near the late 1800s when smaller dogs assumed many of their functions and were easier to maintain.
- The first impression of a rottweiler is of solid strength, and that is quite accurate.
- Rottweiler has one of the strongest jaws. They can easily break humans bones.
5. Golden Retriever
Golden Retriever is also a very popular dog breed globally and a very family-friendly dog breed. and there are many other dogs variety in India which is similar to Golden Retriever.
This dog breed is also very popular because of advertisements. Most of us seen Golden Retrievers in Pedigree ads. Because this breed is like a brand ambassador of pedigree.
This breed is very calm so if you want a dog who will not hard anyone then this breed is suitable for you. But they shred a lot.
You need to give your dog time regularly and do daily grooming of your dog and take them to the veterinarian regularly.
|Golden Retriever dog breed||Characteristics|
|Life Expectancy||10-13 Years|
|Price in India||15000-20000 INR|
3 Facts about Golden Retriever
- Golden Retriever is a sport dog. They love to play and swim because they are born athletes.
- They’re Hard-working breed. Golden Retrievers are used for everything from hunting and tracking to rescue and service dog work.
- Golden Retriever loves to eat. They will anything you eat and anytime you want. but make sure to care for them because they are moody.
The husky dog which originates from Siberia has a massive fan base in India because of its mesmerizing blue eyes. That’s why Huskies are in the top 10 dogs in India.
Husky is very popular because of his eyes. most of the time they have two different colors of eyes. and Huskies can’t handle warm weather at all.
Huskies are native to Siberia which has remarkably cold weather so they are naturally originated in such a way to tackle the extremely cold weather.
But India has dynamic weather which is not suitable for Huskies at all.
So unless you live colder place in India where there is mostly cold weather like Manali, I would advise you to not to have this dog if you live in warm areas.
|Height (Male & Female)||54-60 cm , 50-56 cm|
|Weight (Male & Female)||20-27 kg , 16-23 kg|
|Colour||White, Black & White, Black, Black & Tan, Grey|
|Price In India||₹40,000- ₹60,000|
3 Facts about Huskies
- Husky looks like a wolf but they don’t belong to the wolf. Huskies belong to Spits breed.
- Huskies look aggressive but they aren’t aggressive at all. Their behavior is loving even they didn’t want to hurt strangers
- Siberian huskies breed for hard and intense work. Siberian huskies need constant training.
Beagle is one of the most adorable dog breed in all over the globe.
Beagles are amazing family pets, they do very well children and the members of the family.
But if you are looking for a guard dog then this breed is not a good fit for you because they are easily won over in fights.
It is an even tempered dog, although it depends on the individual.
Their cute little face can melt anyone, and that could be one of the reasons for their popularity.
|Height (Male & Female)||36-41 cm , 33-38 cm|
|Weight (Male & Female)||9 – 11 kg|
|Colours||Brown & White|
|Price In India||₹20,000- ₹35,000|
3 facts about Beagle
- Beagles are 1000 years old breed. Their origin is not quite unknown. but their links are from England and Rome.
- They are the most popular breed in the US. And the fifth most popular breed in the world.
- 2 Beagles lived in a white house. President Lyndon Johnson had two Beagles, named Him and Her, in the white house during his presidency.
Doberman is also a very popular dog breed in India. Because of his looks and his elite performance. Doberman is one of the most active and energetic dog breeds.
Doberman is one of the top dog breeds in India. They are one of the best guard dogs. if you have a Doberman then chill out no one goona harm your family until he or she was there.
They are also extremely loyal and easily trainable.
|Doberman dog breed||Characteristics|
|Weight (male or female)||40-45 kg , 32-38 kg|
|Height (male or female)||66-77 cm , 61-68 cm|
|Life expectancy||10-14 years|
|Price in India||30000-40000 INR|
3 facts about Doberman
- They are not ancient. The breed originated in Germany and began to take form in the early 1880s, making it less than 150 years old.
- Nothing is hard or Doberman. Dobermans are extremely athletic and intelligent dogs, so no task is out of their league.
- Dobermans are the fifth smartest breed and easily trained. That intelligence comes at a price. they work outstanding with trainers.
Pomeranian is one of the most famous breeds in India and the most popular small breed in India.
Pomeranian is the best pet dog in India if you have less space in your house.
Pomeranian dogs are generally very playful, friendly temperament.
They are kind of territorial in nature so they may bark if they hear some unusual sounds.
Pomeranian dogs are thick coated. That’s why they need much care than other breeds.
|Pomeranian dog breed||Characteristics|
|Weight||2-3.5 kg (Adult)|
|Height||20 cm (Adult)|
|Life expectancy||12-16 years|
|Price in India||5000-10000 INR|
3 Facts about Pomeranian
- Pomeranian is one of the top dogs in India because of it’s size and temperament.
- The name of the breed comes from Pomerania, which is the region of Northern Europe where they originated.
- These small dogs typically weigh around 7 to 10 pounds, but they’re descended from big sled dogs. Hard to believe.
10. Great Dane
Great Dane is a tall type of dog breeds in India. Actually Great Dane is the tallest dog breed in India.
They are very common dog breed in India and very popular because of his appearance.
And the most adaptable dog breed Who can adapt themselves in most of the extreme conditions.
Most people who love big dogs says that Great Dane is the India’s number one dog breed.
And they are in the top 10 dog breeds in India.
|Great Dane dog breed||Characteristics|
|Life Expectancy||8-10 Years|
|Price in India||10000-15000 INR|
3 facts about Great Dane
- Great Dane is the tallest dog breed in the world. They are common dog breeds in North America.
- Great Dane needs to exercise daily. You can’t skip his exercise routine.
- Great Dane needs proper attention and needs to be social. And Great Dane is in the top 10 dog breeds in India.
11. Tibetan Mastiff
Everybody knows about Tibetan Mastiff because he is one of the biggest and expensive dog breeds all over the world.
Recently a Tibetan Mastiff dog sold nearly about crore rupees. Tibetan Mastiffs can still be found performing a big role, but they also enjoy life as family companions and show dogs.
If your question is the best dog in India then we can say that Tibetan Mastiff is the best in the top 10 dogs in India.
A great training is required for these dog as they are very stubborn. because they are the big dog breeds in India.
This dog is not suitable for apartment living and should be handled by experienced dog owners.
|Height (Male & Female)||66-76 cm , 61-76 cm|
|Weight (Male & Female)||45-74 kg, 35-46 kg|
|Colours||Black, Brown, Brown & Tan, Gray|
|grooming Needs||Very High|
3 facts about Tibetan mastiff
- Tibetan Mastiffs are the largest dog breed on the planet. But, with great size comes great responsibility and this lot make for impressive guard dogs.
- Instead of shedding all over the year. Tibetan mastiff shed once a year. but they are not the best dog breed for a home in India with prices.
- Tibetan mastiff can live up to 14 years. and in the famous dogs in India.
This is not the very friendly dog breed in India for strangers. Boxer dog breed is very popular in India because of his energy and his power. Boxer dog is a very good guardian dog and his cut tail gives them a different look.
Boxer are very loyal with their owners. and one of the best guard dog in India.
And also the most popular dog breed in India.
|Boxer dog breed||Characteristics|
|Life Expectancy||10-12 Years|
|Price in India||10000-15000 INR|
3 facts about Boxer
- Intelligent and loyal the boxer has a high need for companionship and exercise. And the top Indian breed dog.
- They are not happy when they regularly left home alone. They need to be social and the best pet dog in India.
- Boxers are intolerant of hot weather, and care must be taken to prevent them from getting overheated.
So that’s it, these were the list of 12 most popular dog breeds in India.
So, tell me guys Which one of these do you think is the most popular one.
Let me know in the comments down below.
so i have covered all queries about dog breed in India like top family dog in India, most playful dog breeds, and all dog breeds in India.
1. Labrador, German Shepherd, Great Dane, Boxer, Pug and so on.
1. Indian Pariah Dog. These are the dogs found in the streets of India. …
2. Indian Spitz. Indian Spitz is one of the most attractive dog breeds. …
3 Labrador. Labrador retrievers are the most popular dog breed throughout the world.
4 Golden Retriever. There is no doubt that golden retrievers make wonderful pets.
6. German Shepherd. Most popular dog and best dog in India.
Golden Retrievers are one of the best dog breeds for families in India because of their caring and obedient character, are very popular with people as pets. They are very smart, they can be well trained and they are excellent in competitions.
Indian mastiffs are the largest and strongest mastiffs from North India. They are also known as the Kumaon mastiff, Sindh mastiff, Pakistani bully, and even Indian bully dogs. In Pakistan, they are known as Bulli mastiff